Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Can you explain the Concept of Slip in a Fluid Coupling?
In a fluid coupling, slip refers to the relative speed difference between the impeller and the runner. When the impeller, which is connected to the driving shaft, rotates, it induces the flow of hydraulic fluid inside the coupling. This fluid flow in turn drives the rotation of the runner, which is connected to the driven shaft.
However, due to the operating principle of fluid couplings, there is always a certain amount of slip between the impeller and the runner. This slip occurs because the fluid coupling needs to allow for a small speed difference in order to transmit torque smoothly.
During startup or under heavy load conditions, the impeller’s rotational speed may be slightly higher than the runner’s rotational speed. This speed difference causes the hydraulic fluid to circulate between the impeller and the runner, generating hydrodynamic forces that transmit torque from the driving shaft to the driven shaft.
Slip is an inherent and controlled characteristic of fluid couplings, and it is essential for their smooth operation. However, excessive slip can lead to energy losses and reduced efficiency. Therefore, fluid couplings are designed to have an optimal slip value for specific applications, balancing the need for torque transmission and energy efficiency.
Role of Fluid Coupling in Reducing Mechanical Stress on Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling is a mechanical device used to transmit power between two shafts without direct physical contact. It plays a crucial role in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment, offering several benefits in various industrial applications. Here’s how a fluid coupling achieves this:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings use hydraulic principles to transmit torque. When the input shaft (driving shaft) rotates, it imparts motion to the fluid inside the coupling. The fluid transmits torque to the output shaft (driven shaft) through the hydraulic coupling, resulting in smooth and gradual power transmission. This eliminates sudden jerks and mechanical shocks that could otherwise lead to increased stress on connected equipment.
- Damping Effect: Fluid couplings act as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and torsional oscillations from the driving shaft. This damping effect helps reduce mechanical stress on connected equipment by mitigating the impact of sudden load changes and torsional vibrations that may occur during start-ups, shut-downs, or varying operating conditions.
- Torque Limiting: In high-load situations, a fluid coupling can provide torque limiting capabilities. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling slips, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven shaft. This feature acts as a protective mechanism, preventing overloading and mechanical stress on both the coupling and connected equipment.
- Shock Absorption: In applications where shock loads or overloads are common, a fluid coupling can absorb and dampen the impact of such events. This ability to cushion shocks prevents abrupt changes in torque and rotational speed, reducing mechanical stress and potential damage to the equipment.
- Speed Control: In certain applications, fluid couplings can facilitate speed control of the driven shaft by adjusting the amount of fluid in the coupling. The ability to control the speed of connected equipment without abrupt changes contributes to smoother operation and lower mechanical stress.
By incorporating a fluid coupling into a power transmission system, mechanical stress on connected equipment can be significantly reduced, leading to improved equipment reliability, extended component life, and reduced maintenance costs. Fluid couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, conveyors, crushers, mining equipment, marine propulsion systems, and various other industrial applications where smooth and controlled power transmission is critical.
It is important to select the appropriate fluid coupling size, type, and features based on the specific application requirements to ensure optimal performance and stress reduction. Regular maintenance and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to preserve the benefits of using fluid couplings and maintain their effectiveness in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment.
Advantages of Using Fluid Couplings in Power Transmission Systems
Fluid couplings offer several advantages in power transmission systems, making them well-suited for various industrial applications. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings provide a smooth and gradual transfer of power from the engine or motor to the driven load. This helps to reduce shock and stress on the entire powertrain, leading to smoother operation and extended equipment life.
- Overload Protection: Fluid couplings act as a mechanical fuse in power transmission systems. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling will slip, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven load and protecting the machinery from damage.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: They effectively dampen torsional vibrations, reducing the risk of resonance and fatigue failure in the drivetrain. This is particularly important in applications with varying loads and speeds.
- No Mechanical Wear: Fluid couplings have no physical contact between the input and output components, resulting in minimal mechanical wear. This characteristic reduces maintenance and extends the service life of the coupling.
- Simple Design: The design of fluid couplings is relatively simple compared to other mechanical power transmission devices, leading to lower manufacturing costs and ease of maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency: In certain operating conditions, such as during startup or idling, fluid couplings can offer energy-saving benefits. They allow the engine to run at a constant speed while smoothly transmitting power to the load.
- Wide Range of Applications: Fluid couplings are versatile and can be used in various industrial machinery, including conveyors, crushers, pumps, fans, marine propulsion systems, and more.
Despite these advantages, fluid couplings also have limitations, such as a slight power loss due to slip and limited torque multiplication compared to torque converters. Therefore, the choice between a fluid coupling and other power transmission devices depends on the specific requirements of the application.
editor by CX 2023-08-01